Reasons To Have A Chimney Cap
Looking for a way to keep your home warm during the winter? There is no better option than to have a chimney. If you don’t have one already, it is worth considering installing one.
However, before deciding where or how big of a chimney you should install, be sure that it has an appropriate cap on top. A good cap will serve as protection from the elements and protect your family and pets by keeping them safe from falling objects!
If that reason is not enough, we have prepared a list of eight other reasons for you to consider having a chimney cap. Up next, all you need to know about the benefits of a chimney cap!
What Is A Chimney Cap?
Chimney caps are a piece of metal put on the end of the chimney to stop water and animals from getting inside. If you do not have one, this could cause major problems such as:
- The buildup of rainwater in your fireplace or stove
- Water coming into contact with hot ashes can lead to an electric shock
- Animals building nests within your chimneys and tearing them apart if they get stuck.
These issues cause major damage, and it will be more expensive than just buying a new cap. Considering professional chimney services is a must.
8 Reasons To Get A Chimney Cap
No matter what kind of fireplace system you have – whether gas logs or wood burning – it’s important to take care of it by getting a chimney cap. The benefits shown above can help you make the right choice and guarantee a safer home for your family:
- It prevents animals from entering the chimney.
- Protects the interior of your home from soot damage.
- Prevents rainwater from entering the space, which causes mold and mildew growth.
- Reduces ash buildup in the fireplace or stove.
- Can prolong the life of both firebox and flue pipes by keeping soot particles out, which contain corrosive sulfuric acid that can eat away at metal surfaces over time.
- Heat rises up and out of the chimney and can be replaced with fresh air.
- Prevents carbon monoxide from entering the home.
- Fireplaces look nicer without a cover which is an aesthetic reason as well.
Want A Chimney Cap? Get The Best One.
At Green and Clean Home Services, we provide chimney cap installation for homeowners. We have the best products in the market, and by being a reliable company, we guarantee its quality.
Let us show you what professionalism is by working with us!