Signs Your Air Duct Needs Cleaning
Air ducts are some of the most important parts of your home. They work to filter out dust, allergens, and other contaminants that can affect your health. However, if they are not kept clean, then these contaminants will build up over time.
When you know how dirty air ducts and vents can affect you, it is essential to do something about it. Next, we’ll talk about some signs you can spot that means you need air duct cleaning.
8 Signs Your Air Duct Needs Cleaning
Many signs can help you identify when it’s time to clean your air duct. Here are 8 of the most common:
- Dirty Vents And Filters: If your vents and filters haven’t been cleaned in a long time, they will start to accumulate dirt and dust. This buildup can cause problems like allergies or asthma flare-ups for those who already have these conditions and increase the risk of fire hazards.
- Strong, Musty Odor Or Dampness On Walls Near Vents: You may have an issue with mold if there is a strong, musty odor coming from your vents.
Mold can grow on any surface where water has remained stagnant for some time, so this might also indicate that you need to get some more ventilation in your house
- High Energy Bills: It may sound counterintuitive, but if you have noticed that your home is costing you a lot more money to heat or cool than it did before, there’s a good reason for concern.
Are your air ducts clogged with dirt and dust? Then they won’t be able to do their job of regulating temperature properly, leading to an increase in heating costs during winter seasons and cooling costs during summer seasons.
- Low Indoor Humidity Levels: Another sign that can indicate problems with air ducts is when indoor humidity levels drop too low indoors, especially since most homes don’t contain dehumidifiers.
Air duct cleaning would help lower these rates by increasing airflow throughout the vents, which will allow them to regulate humidity levels more efficiently.
- Dirty Or Dusty Surfaces: If you notice a lot of dust and dirt on your walls, floors, window sills, and other flat vertical objects in the room, there’s likely an issue with how they’re being cleaned.
Dust can accumulate inside these vents if they are not cleaned regularly, which will cause problems like allergies and asthma flare-ups for those who suffer from them and increasing fire hazards.
- Difficulties In Taking Out The Filter: When you have to struggle a lot when taking out your air duct filters, it indicates that something has gone wrong with them, and they need immediate cleaning or replacement.
- Difficulty In Accommodating Furniture Around Vents: If there seem to be too many obstacles surrounding your air vent, whether it’s chairs, tables, or other objects, this may indicate that airflow through these vents isn’t as good as possible.
You should consider hiring vent cleaning services!
- Ductwork Outside Of The House: If you notice ducts and pipes on the exterior of your home, this is a sign that there are serious airflow issues within your property.
Most Reliable Air Duct Cleaning Services
Green and Clean Home Services is a company that provides air duct cleaning services and vent cleaning. Our team has proven expertise in our field, and we will make sure our jobs are nicely done, no matter their size.
Stop risking your safety and health; call the experts if you notice some of the signs above in your ducts.