Why Is My Dryer Not Drying Properly?
Nothing can be more frustrating than pulling out a load of laundry from your dryer only to find them still damp and carrying that dank smell. This is especially annoying when you’re in a hurry.
There could be several reasons why your dryer isn’t drying properly – from simple issues like a clogged lint filter to more complex problems like a malfunctioning heating element. In this blog, we’ll explore these potential problems and how to fix them to ensure your clothes come out dry, fresh, and ready to wear.
How Can I Know If My Dryer Is Not Working Well?
A dryer circulates heated air through wet clothes to dry the moisture. However, if your dryer isn’t working well, it could be due to a clogged vent. This issue restricts airflow, causing underperformance or stopping functioning altogether. Clearing the vent can often solve the problem and restore your dryer’s efficiency.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Essentials
Before you start cleaning your dryer vent, there are 4 tools you’ll need:
- Dryer vent cleaning kit
- Electric hand drill
- Flathead screwdriver
- Dust mask
Get Your Dryer Back To Work In 6 Steps
To clean the dryer vent using a dryer vent cleaning tool, follow these steps:
- For vertical tube vents on the roof, clean from inside your home while wearing a dust mask. Loosen the hose clamp behind the dryer where the vent tube attaches.
- If working outside your home, insert the cleaning tool into the dryer vent and connect the other end to your drill.
- Set your drill to turn clockwise.
- With the drill, clean up the lint stuck to the walls of the tube.
- Carefully pull the cleaning tool out of the vent, and you will notice a significant amount of lint coming with it.
- Check the airflow; if it is not noticeably stronger, repeat the process until the clog is gone.
Tips For Your First Dryer Cleaning
Avoid spinning the drill counter-clockwise as it may disassemble the sections of the tool inside the vent tube. If your dryer is not heating properly after the process above, you can try cleaning the dryer filter housing. However, if all else fails, call a professional to diagnose and fix the problem.
Save Money & Time With Green & Clean Home Services
Finding your clothes still damp and musty after every drying cycle is disappointing. You’re wasting energy and money with a malfunctioning dryer that only gives dank-smelling clothes. However, with the help of Green & Clean Home Services, you can have a clean and efficient dryer vent.
With our professional dryer vent cleaning in Cleveland, you can say goodbye to the stress of wondering how to check your dryer vent or why your dryer won’t dry clothes. Ready for a hassle-free laundry day? Contact us today and ask for a free quote!